Subject: Profiting from the Fixer-Upper
Many real estate investors earn a living out of renovating run-down properties and reselling them, or holding onto them for rentals. Commonly known as the fixer-upper, it offers you two paths to real estate investment.
Buy a Fixer-Upper and Sell Again
In addition to offering a handsome profit, fixer-uppers can offer a true sense of satisfaction as you transform a dilapidated property into one with true appeal. But before you take the plunge, ask yourself three questions:
1. Can I buy it far below market value?
2. Can I do much of the work myself (or contract it out at reasonable rates)?
3. Can I get the job done quickly?
Remember, every month you add to the project is costing you in lost rental income, taxes, insurance, utilities and more.
Buy, Raise the Rents, and Sell Again
Quite often the tenants in a rental property are paying below market rates simply because the landlord hasn’t raised the rent in years, or perhaps the property is not maintained well.
Both scenarios present you a great opportunity to buy the building, raise the rents (making upgrades if necessary) and resell the apartment building at a higher price. This raises the GPI—the gross potential income—which is the maximum gross income generated from the rent if all the units were occupied.
If you would like more information on these types of investment properties in our area, please don’t hesitate to give me a call or send an email.
Complimentary Charlotte DVD
About The Author
His testimonials speak volumes about his work ethic.
Rich Ferretti is a Charlotte NC Residential Real Estate Professional that can assist you with the purchase and/or sale of real estate in Charlotte, North Carolina and surrounding areas, from bank owned homes to new construction to waterfront property, and everything in between.
· Rich is a Relocation Specialist that has created a network of real estate professionals throughout the country in an effort to assist people relocating to Charlotte NC.
· Rich Ferretti is a true professional and expert in the field of relocation and can serve many purposes beyond a simple home search.
· In addition to being a Relocation Specialist, Rich also holds the designations of Broker, Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), and e-PRO. Rich is also licensed in North Carolina, South Carolina and New Jersey.
If you are considering Homes for Sale in Charlotte NC, Rich can help!
Call or email today for your complimentary Charlotte DVD, quantities are limited.
Please visit www.RichFerretti.com for your Real Estate Needs.
Rich Ferretti – Broker/Realtor - 704-564-0807 – Rich@RichFerretti.com