I bet those signs will be there a very long time, especially in this market.
People who attempt to sell their own homes are usually doing so to save a Realtor’s fee. In a seller’s market, you may be successful in attempting to sell your own home. In a buyer’s market, it’s usually a recipe for failure--in in the high-demand area of Mint Hill. Without a Real Estate Agent, you won't have the ability to list your house in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), meaning you don’t have a broad reach and therefore have a much smaller pool of potential buyers to balance out the many homes on the market. Additionally, a Real Estate Agent does a lot that helps to sell a house, as quickly as possible, and at the best price.
Before you put that “For Sale by Owner” sign in your yard, consider whether you’re up to these tasks:
· Doing the research to make sure your home is priced properly
· Write, schedule and run ads in local papers and real estate publications
· Produce attractive handouts for potential buyers
· Pre-screen callers to see if they’re qualified buyers
· Run open houses
· Be available days, evenings and weekends to show your house
· Listen to critical comments about your home without being offended
· Negotiate offers and counter offers
· Know when to lower the price
· Qualify buyers
· Prepare proper disclosure paperwork
· Stay on top of the buyer’s mortgage application and approval
· Be available to coordinate inspections and appraisals
· Gather all necessary buyer’s and the seller’s legal documents
There is an art and science to selling real estate, especially during an economic downturn Shouldn't you put your home in the hands of an experienced and licensed Realtor?
Mint Hill and Matthews
Check out www.minthillrealty.com